A visual guide showing how to install GoToSocial via YunoHost
-
A step-by-step visual tutorial for newbies about installing and setting up the federated microblogging service GoToSocial
A newbie's guide to self-hosting: GoToSocial part 1 (installation and set-up)
A step-by-step visual tutorial for newbies about installing and setting up the federated microblogging service GoToSocial
Elena Rossini (blog.elenarossini.com)
-
A step-by-step visual tutorial for newbies about installing and setting up the federated microblogging service GoToSocial
A newbie's guide to self-hosting: GoToSocial part 1 (installation and set-up)
A step-by-step visual tutorial for newbies about installing and setting up the federated microblogging service GoToSocial
Elena Rossini (blog.elenarossini.com)
Yunohost is pretty amazing at making it simple to run your own fediverse instance. They have Lemmy, PieFed and more in there.
I wouldn't use it for anything that would have tons of users because for that you're going to want to get your hands dirty occasionally to tune it up in ways that Yunohost could make impossible(?) but for an individual or small group it'd be perfect.
-
A step-by-step visual tutorial for newbies about installing and setting up the federated microblogging service GoToSocial
A newbie's guide to self-hosting: GoToSocial part 1 (installation and set-up)
A step-by-step visual tutorial for newbies about installing and setting up the federated microblogging service GoToSocial
Elena Rossini (blog.elenarossini.com)
I've been running a bunch of stuff with Yunohost for a while. They cover most fediverse software. I do have some things to add here though.
-
You don't need to configure DNS for your subdomain. I'm not going to pretend to understand how this works but I did not do anything and it works fine. Yunohost handles it somehow.
-
You will need a frontend to use GTS. Yunohost also provides packages for Phanpy (my personal favorite) and Elk. Or you can just use your favorite Mastodon phone app.
-
GTS is very unique even amongst Yunohost packages in that it provides a ton of graphical dropdown configuration options that makes it even easier to use. I believe this one has first-party support from GTS devs but can't say for sure because I've been blocked by Codeberg for the last several weeks.
-
-
A step-by-step visual tutorial for newbies about installing and setting up the federated microblogging service GoToSocial
A newbie's guide to self-hosting: GoToSocial part 1 (installation and set-up)
A step-by-step visual tutorial for newbies about installing and setting up the federated microblogging service GoToSocial
Elena Rossini (blog.elenarossini.com)
https://aseachange.com/@elena Excellent article. Gts is one of my most stable fediverse projects. My self hosted solution in multiple years old now.
-
Yunohost is pretty amazing at making it simple to run your own fediverse instance. They have Lemmy, PieFed and more in there.
I wouldn't use it for anything that would have tons of users because for that you're going to want to get your hands dirty occasionally to tune it up in ways that Yunohost could make impossible(?) but for an individual or small group it'd be perfect.
I had set it up once (GoToSocial), but I missed the local part of my Mastodon instance. I think a couple thousand users on an instance that are geographically close to each other is a real strength of the microblogging fediverse.
And now with PieFed getting better at following microblogging accounts, I see no need to set up GoToSocial again. Thank you for that

Ciao! Sembra che tu sia interessato a questa conversazione, ma non hai ancora un account.
Stanco di dover scorrere gli stessi post a ogni visita? Quando registri un account, tornerai sempre esattamente dove eri rimasto e potrai scegliere di essere avvisato delle nuove risposte (tramite email o notifica push). Potrai anche salvare segnalibri e votare i post per mostrare il tuo apprezzamento agli altri membri della comunità.
Con il tuo contributo, questo post potrebbe essere ancora migliore 💗
Registrati Accedi
Citiverse è un progetto che si basa su NodeBB ed è federato! | Categorie federate | Chat | 📱 Installa web app o APK | 🧡 Donazioni | Privacy Policy