Salta al contenuto
Citiverse è uno spazio aperto a tutte le comunità. Se vuoi aprire un gruppo locale o una sezione per la tua organizzazione, puoi contattare gli amministratori: pagina dei contatti.

2026 - 31 : Let's explore the fediverse 🤓

Fediverse
14 7 11
  • Piefed chat • Fediverse wiki
    • Guide and tutorial


    !communitypromo@lemmy.ca • !newcommunities@lemmy.world • !fedigrow@lemmy.zip • !newcomers@piefed.zip

    Hi ! I hope you are well ! Here is our weekly thread 😎

    The fediverse is big ! Let’s share our small gold nugget found in the fediverse. 🙂

    It could be :

    • A new peertube channel
    • An interesting mastodon account to follow
    • Your new community ! Yes ! Why not ?
    • An cool gallery of picture from pixelfed
    • A playlist from funkwhale
    • A text that moved you

    Let’s dig together ! 😁

  • Piefed chat • Fediverse wiki
    • Guide and tutorial


    !communitypromo@lemmy.ca • !newcommunities@lemmy.world • !fedigrow@lemmy.zip • !newcomers@piefed.zip

    Hi ! I hope you are well ! Here is our weekly thread 😎

    The fediverse is big ! Let’s share our small gold nugget found in the fediverse. 🙂

    It could be :

    • A new peertube channel
    • An interesting mastodon account to follow
    • Your new community ! Yes ! Why not ?
    • An cool gallery of picture from pixelfed
    • A playlist from funkwhale
    • A text that moved you

    Let’s dig together ! 😁

    Community centered around self learning.
    I started this community a few months ago and then shamefully abandoned it.
    I had a plan for a few threads to make to start to populate it a bit, I'll try to get to it sometime soon.

  • Piefed chat • Fediverse wiki
    • Guide and tutorial


    !communitypromo@lemmy.ca • !newcommunities@lemmy.world • !fedigrow@lemmy.zip • !newcomers@piefed.zip

    Hi ! I hope you are well ! Here is our weekly thread 😎

    The fediverse is big ! Let’s share our small gold nugget found in the fediverse. 🙂

    It could be :

    • A new peertube channel
    • An interesting mastodon account to follow
    • Your new community ! Yes ! Why not ?
    • An cool gallery of picture from pixelfed
    • A playlist from funkwhale
    • A text that moved you

    Let’s dig together ! 😁

    A relay project was made a while back that I think is interesting to bump:

    https://quokk.au/c/fediverse/p/850460/introducing-threadirator-a-threadiverse-community-federator

  • Had to look it up because I removed the bookmark of the post, and amusingly, the results 2 & 3 are both local versions of the post in other instances hehe

    Link Preview Image
  • Piefed chat • Fediverse wiki
    • Guide and tutorial


    !communitypromo@lemmy.ca • !newcommunities@lemmy.world • !fedigrow@lemmy.zip • !newcomers@piefed.zip

    Hi ! I hope you are well ! Here is our weekly thread 😎

    The fediverse is big ! Let’s share our small gold nugget found in the fediverse. 🙂

    It could be :

    • A new peertube channel
    • An interesting mastodon account to follow
    • Your new community ! Yes ! Why not ?
    • An cool gallery of picture from pixelfed
    • A playlist from funkwhale
    • A text that moved you

    Let’s dig together ! 😁

    I have been keen to explore the fediverse more, but have a paradox going on. I get frustrated by the lack of content and at the same time dont get involved for my own privacy.

    I tend to err and make excuses to myself, based on its limitations. Example makertube I like craft tutorials, the offering is dismal so I stop and leave. Piefed it’s not bad but repetitive and slow…so I leave.

    Any suggestions on helping me change my attitude to engage in a a more positive way?

  • Community centered around self learning.
    I started this community a few months ago and then shamefully abandoned it.
    I had a plan for a few threads to make to start to populate it a bit, I'll try to get to it sometime soon.

    Community mention:

    !autodidacticism@reddthat.com

  • Did I mess up the link? I'm new to lemmy so not sure if the URL I used would work properly for people on other instances.

  • I have been keen to explore the fediverse more, but have a paradox going on. I get frustrated by the lack of content and at the same time dont get involved for my own privacy.

    I tend to err and make excuses to myself, based on its limitations. Example makertube I like craft tutorials, the offering is dismal so I stop and leave. Piefed it’s not bad but repetitive and slow…so I leave.

    Any suggestions on helping me change my attitude to engage in a a more positive way?

    If you have the technical skill you can host your own instance and burn your user accounts often for the privacy factor.

    I grew up on the early internet. You always mix some exaggerations or lies into any personal story you might tell some where. 🤷‍♀️

  • Did I mess up the link? I'm new to lemmy so not sure if the URL I used would work properly for people on other instances.

    Your link works, their link keeps you inside your own instance so you can subscribe. Both get you there. One is just easier depending on what you're using to browse the fediverse. You can link communities as:

    ! communityname @instance.name

    No spaces

  • If you have the technical skill you can host your own instance and burn your user accounts often for the privacy factor.

    I grew up on the early internet. You always mix some exaggerations or lies into any personal story you might tell some where. 🤷‍♀️

    Could create me some alter egos. Feels rude but it could be an option.

  • I have been keen to explore the fediverse more, but have a paradox going on. I get frustrated by the lack of content and at the same time dont get involved for my own privacy.

    I tend to err and make excuses to myself, based on its limitations. Example makertube I like craft tutorials, the offering is dismal so I stop and leave. Piefed it’s not bad but repetitive and slow…so I leave.

    Any suggestions on helping me change my attitude to engage in a a more positive way?

    What I'd do early on is to check the frontpage for a given instance, where all posts appear, and block what I don't like and subscribe to what I do.

    Also, since you're on PieFed, you should have access to microblogging too, meaning you have access to Fedi Bridge, meaning you have access to some contents from Bluesky too. Just need to follow the bot and if needed, allow it to follow back at you: @bsky.brid.gy@bsky.brid.gy

    Also also, you can have your RSS feeds as posts in your timeline through @birb@rss-parrot.net

    And there's communities and profiles made specifically for discoverability, like !communitypromo@lemmy.ca and !newcommunities@lemmy.world. !lemmydirectory@lemmy.dbzer0.com is also a good place to find posts.

    As for not getting too involved for a sake of privacy, not much to be done on that front other than just following stuff, preferably with RSS and without liking/commenting to avoid fingerprinting as much as possible.

  • As for the first tip, checking your instance, I think you could start by checking https://piefed.social/home/top/all, as then you also get the most commented stuff, meaning more stuff to consume: https://piefed.social/home/top/all

  • Piefed chat • Fediverse wiki
    • Guide and tutorial


    !communitypromo@lemmy.ca • !newcommunities@lemmy.world • !fedigrow@lemmy.zip • !newcomers@piefed.zip

    Hi ! I hope you are well ! Here is our weekly thread 😎

    The fediverse is big ! Let’s share our small gold nugget found in the fediverse. 🙂

    It could be :

    • A new peertube channel
    • An interesting mastodon account to follow
    • Your new community ! Yes ! Why not ?
    • An cool gallery of picture from pixelfed
    • A playlist from funkwhale
    • A text that moved you

    Let’s dig together ! 😁

    Since PieFed started supporting proper Mastodon following, a few accounts have caught my interest

    And I've finally found a working Friendica server that accepts registrations: https://social.netdynamics.eu/

  • Piefed chat • Fediverse wiki
    • Guide and tutorial


    !communitypromo@lemmy.ca • !newcommunities@lemmy.world • !fedigrow@lemmy.zip • !newcomers@piefed.zip

    Hi ! I hope you are well ! Here is our weekly thread 😎

    The fediverse is big ! Let’s share our small gold nugget found in the fediverse. 🙂

    It could be :

    • A new peertube channel
    • An interesting mastodon account to follow
    • Your new community ! Yes ! Why not ?
    • An cool gallery of picture from pixelfed
    • A playlist from funkwhale
    • A text that moved you

    Let’s dig together ! 😁

    TheLinuxExperiment_channel on Peertube tried a Linux Phone for 30 days and liked it
    https://tilvids.com/w/jGs6g7uphg25pUXEBX3kLF

    ArthurPizza showed me SpeedOfSound flatpack on Peertube and I never looked back
    https://tilvids.com/c/arthurpizza/videos

    Loops is a federated, short-form content site. without the algorhythm, NGL it can be trying to find people to follow and it doesn't recycle old content to keep watches up.
    https://loops.video/


Citiverse è un progetto che si basa su NodeBB ed è federato! | Categorie federate | Chat | 📱 Installa web app o APK | 🧡 Donazioni | Privacy Policy

Il server utilizzato è quello di Webdock, in Danimarca. Se volete provarlo potete ottenere il 20% di sconto con questo link e noi riceveremo un aiuto sotto forma di credito da usare proprio per mantenere Citiverse.