2026-09 FediHacks: Let's build together the fediverse
-
!communitypromo@lemmy.ca • !newcommunities@lemmy.world • !fedigrow@lemmy.zip • !newtolemmy@lemmy.ca
Hi !
Welcome to our fedihack monthly thread ! I hope you are well

Here we will talk about features, ui, concept, wiki, communivation and improve our beloved software accross the web and app as :
- bug report
- news features where you want some help
- beautiful ui, graphic help
- accessibility improvement, tips
- a personal project where you seek a new team
Well, i hope we will find something fun to discuss and do together.

-
!communitypromo@lemmy.ca • !newcommunities@lemmy.world • !fedigrow@lemmy.zip • !newtolemmy@lemmy.ca
Hi !
Welcome to our fedihack monthly thread ! I hope you are well

Here we will talk about features, ui, concept, wiki, communivation and improve our beloved software accross the web and app as :
- bug report
- news features where you want some help
- beautiful ui, graphic help
- accessibility improvement, tips
- a personal project where you seek a new team
Well, i hope we will find something fun to discuss and do together.

- @vicinus@piefed.zip has a nice series going in c/Fedigrow, here: Weekly Thread – Identifying Community Gaps
- This probably deserves its own post-- a handy tool for helping communities federate more widely: https://lemmy-federate.com/
- I'm still not sure if Lemmy / PF federates with Mbin. I tried some experiments earlier but got nowhere. Anybody know?
-
- @vicinus@piefed.zip has a nice series going in c/Fedigrow, here: Weekly Thread – Identifying Community Gaps
- This probably deserves its own post-- a handy tool for helping communities federate more widely: https://lemmy-federate.com/
- I'm still not sure if Lemmy / PF federates with Mbin. I tried some experiments earlier but got nowhere. Anybody know?
Thanks for the shout out

Regarding mbin, I've seen comments/posts federate both ways in the past (seen mbin posts and comments, had mbin users respond to piefed and lemmy posts and comments). There aren't very many active servers (currently 16) so that may be your issue. There are a list of the active servers in this post: https://piefed.zip/c/fedilytics@piefed.zip/p/1863298/growth-of-the-instances-20260929 .
Although, I've never noticed a Lemmy or Piefed account post to a mbin community. I wasn't looking for it though, so could work, just never paid attention to that aspect.
-
Thanks for the shout out

Regarding mbin, I've seen comments/posts federate both ways in the past (seen mbin posts and comments, had mbin users respond to piefed and lemmy posts and comments). There aren't very many active servers (currently 16) so that may be your issue. There are a list of the active servers in this post: https://piefed.zip/c/fedilytics@piefed.zip/p/1863298/growth-of-the-instances-20260929 .
Although, I've never noticed a Lemmy or Piefed account post to a mbin community. I wasn't looking for it though, so could work, just never paid attention to that aspect.
I suspect Mbin's somewhat like Mastodon in that it can federate, but only under special circumstances. Par exemple, if you add hashtags to PF content, it will automatically hit Mastodon, and then Mast users can comment on the post, but otherwise the two 'streams' don't seem to connect. I'm just not quite sure how that works with Mbin yet.
I suspect Rimu has talked about this before, possibly with greater federation as a future feature, I just haven't found where yet...
-
I suspect Mbin's somewhat like Mastodon in that it can federate, but only under special circumstances. Par exemple, if you add hashtags to PF content, it will automatically hit Mastodon, and then Mast users can comment on the post, but otherwise the two 'streams' don't seem to connect. I'm just not quite sure how that works with Mbin yet.
I suspect Rimu has talked about this before, possibly with greater federation as a future feature, I just haven't found where yet...
Good to know about the hashtag posts to Mastodon (didn't know that before).
Hmm, it could be there are two different types of mbin "posts". I just saw a mbin post asking about the difference between threads and microblogs: https://threadiverse.link/fedia.io/m/AskMbin/t/4407634
I vaguely recall Rimu talking about wanting Piefed to be interoperable with all the other major federated services, with the developers focusing on Mastodon currently.
-
Thanks for the shout out

Regarding mbin, I've seen comments/posts federate both ways in the past (seen mbin posts and comments, had mbin users respond to piefed and lemmy posts and comments). There aren't very many active servers (currently 16) so that may be your issue. There are a list of the active servers in this post: https://piefed.zip/c/fedilytics@piefed.zip/p/1863298/growth-of-the-instances-20260929 .
Although, I've never noticed a Lemmy or Piefed account post to a mbin community. I wasn't looking for it though, so could work, just never paid attention to that aspect.
I’ve never noticed a Lemmy or Piefed account post to a mbin community
AFAIK tardigram is mbin and their magazines look here like just another community
!ciencia@tardigram.com for example -
I suspect Mbin's somewhat like Mastodon in that it can federate, but only under special circumstances. Par exemple, if you add hashtags to PF content, it will automatically hit Mastodon, and then Mast users can comment on the post, but otherwise the two 'streams' don't seem to connect. I'm just not quite sure how that works with Mbin yet.
I suspect Rimu has talked about this before, possibly with greater federation as a future feature, I just haven't found where yet...
Yep PieFed federates with Mbin as well as it does with Lemmy. Both were a priority since the beginning development. @vicinus@piefed.zip
-
Yep PieFed federates with Mbin as well as it does with Lemmy. Both were a priority since the beginning development. @vicinus@piefed.zip
And yet Mbin stuff doesn't commonly show up in our ALL streams, which seems like quite like the baseline upon such matters, no?
(sorry mate, as always, I continue to be a complete moron upon this stuff)
-
And yet Mbin stuff doesn't commonly show up in our ALL streams, which seems like quite like the baseline upon such matters, no?
(sorry mate, as always, I continue to be a complete moron upon this stuff)
I don't know why that might be

Here's a community on a mbin instance with people from piefed posting into it - https://piefed.social/c/firefox@fedia.io
It happens.
fedia.io is the only busy Mbin instance, so focussing on that will bring up some posts. See https://piefed.social/instance/fedia.io/posts and https://piefed.social/instance/fedia.io/people
Ciao! Sembra che tu sia interessato a questa conversazione, ma non hai ancora un account.
Stanco di dover scorrere gli stessi post a ogni visita? Quando registri un account, tornerai sempre esattamente dove eri rimasto e potrai scegliere di essere avvisato delle nuove risposte (tramite email o notifica push). Potrai anche salvare segnalibri e votare i post per mostrare il tuo apprezzamento agli altri membri della comunità.
Con il tuo contributo, questo post potrebbe essere ancora migliore 💗
Registrati Accedi
Citiverse è un progetto che si basa su NodeBB ed è federato! | Categorie federate | Chat | 📱 Installa web app o APK | 🧡 Donazioni | Privacy Policy