I finally created a #FEP for using #CreativeCommons licenses (and other licenses) in #ActivityPub.
-
@evan ooh, I need to dive in on this one, Manyfold has had content licensing in the AP messages using SPDX (https://spdx.org/rdf/terms/#d4e2638 ) for ages. I will have a read and add comments.
@Floppy OK!
-
I finally created a #FEP for using #CreativeCommons licenses (and other licenses) in #ActivityPub.
FEP-6757: Content License Metadata in ActivityPub
fep - Fediverse Enhancement Proposals
Codeberg.org (codeberg.org)
@evan I love this concept, despite my recent reservations about CC Licenses.
-
@dansup That was the inspiration for the FEP! I love that Pixelfed lets you set the license info, but it's not in the JSON yet.
[Federation]: License preferences not shown in actor or object ActivityPub properties · Issue #7597 · pixelfed/pixelfed
Description So, I love the fact that Pixelfed lets you set a Creative Commons license for your works. However, I'm disappointed to see that the license isn't reflected in the Activity Streams representation for an object. It would be gre...
GitHub (github.com)
@evan There are a few issues in your FEP, I made some comments on the MR.
-
@jon @isAutonomous I miss talking to Ward.
@evan
We still talk kind of regularly.
You can always come to the Wednesdays and Sundays calls, why I linked fed.wiki, which has the meeting links. They are continuously on since many years.
Also AP could be interesting to work with. Ward was looking for a pairing partner on this ...
Follow at @k9ox
And @rgb And @khinsen And @ruben And so many others.
@isAutonomous -
I finally created a #FEP for using #CreativeCommons licenses (and other licenses) in #ActivityPub.
FEP-6757: Content License Metadata in ActivityPub
fep - Fediverse Enhancement Proposals
Codeberg.org (codeberg.org)
@evan This has been implemented in Pixelfed!
Great work man!
https://browser.pub/https://pixelfed.social/p/dansup/1011533737994993323
https://pixelfed.social/p/dansup/1011533737994993323 · BrowserPub · A browser for exploring ActivityPub and the fediverse
Explore the open social web through the lens of ActivityPub and the fediverse.
(browser.pub)
-
I finally created a #FEP for using #CreativeCommons licenses (and other licenses) in #ActivityPub.
FEP-6757: Content License Metadata in ActivityPub
fep - Fediverse Enhancement Proposals
Codeberg.org (codeberg.org)
@evan@cosocial.ca Thanks for putting this together, Evan. While implementing FEP-6757 in Fedify, I found a few errata:
schema:licenseandcc:licenseuse IRIs that don't match Schema.org and ccREL, a couple of example typos, and an open question about@type: @idcoercion. I filed them on your tracker: https://codeberg.org/evanp/fep/issues/52. -
@hongminhee awesome, thank you!
-
@hongminhee @evan heh, i see your first two issues are exactly what I mentioned in his MR!
https://codeberg.org/fediverse/fep/pulls/939
FEP-6757: Content License Metadata in ActivityPub
fep - Fediverse Enhancement Proposals
Codeberg.org (codeberg.org)
-
@hongminhee @evan heh, i see your first two issues are exactly what I mentioned in his MR!
https://codeberg.org/fediverse/fep/pulls/939
FEP-6757: Content License Metadata in ActivityPub
fep - Fediverse Enhancement Proposals
Codeberg.org (codeberg.org)
@dansup @hongminhee I made a PR that I think captures all the errors you two reported.
FEP-6757: syntax errors and identifiers
fep - Fediverse Enhancement Proposals
Codeberg.org (codeberg.org)
I thought I'd be able to slip it into the original PR, but @FenTiger landed the original really quickly.


-
I finally created a #FEP for using #CreativeCommons licenses (and other licenses) in #ActivityPub.
FEP-6757: Content License Metadata in ActivityPub
fep - Fediverse Enhancement Proposals
Codeberg.org (codeberg.org)
Ciao! Sembra che tu sia interessato a questa conversazione, ma non hai ancora un account.
Stanco di dover scorrere gli stessi post a ogni visita? Quando registri un account, tornerai sempre esattamente dove eri rimasto e potrai scegliere di essere avvisato delle nuove risposte (tramite email o notifica push). Potrai anche salvare segnalibri e votare i post per mostrare il tuo apprezzamento agli altri membri della comunità.
Con il tuo contributo, questo post potrebbe essere ancora migliore 💗
Registrati Accedi
Citiverse è un progetto che si basa su NodeBB ed è federato! | Categorie federate | Chat | 📱 Installa web app o APK | 🧡 Donazioni | Privacy Policy
