Does anyone knows how to hide other Mastodon contact's activity on Friendica's timeline?
-
Does anyone knows how to hide other Mastodon contact's activity on Friendica's timeline? If I follow any Mastodon account the timeline gets flooded with other people's posts where this contact had any sort of interaction. Is that a known bug?
-
Does anyone knows how to hide other Mastodon contact's activity on Friendica's timeline? If I follow any Mastodon account the timeline gets flooded with other people's posts where this contact had any sort of interaction. Is that a known bug?
@straussbelial
This is a feature. You can disable it: /settings/connectors > General social media settings -
@straussbelial
This is a feature. You can disable it: /settings/connectors > General social media settings@feb Oh I see. I found the option but it doesn't seem to change anything. Maybe it takes a while to update? (the 2nd screenshot shows a post where my Mastodon account I follow replied)


-
@feb Oh I see. I found the option but it doesn't seem to change anything. Maybe it takes a while to update? (the 2nd screenshot shows a post where my Mastodon account I follow replied)

@straussbelial
Unfortunately, I can't tell you whether this only applies to new posts after the change.
But I can assure you that the behavior will change. -
@straussbelial
Unfortunately, I can't tell you whether this only applies to new posts after the change.
But I can assure you that the behavior will change.@feb got it, works for me, thanks!!!
-
@feb got it, works for me, thanks!!!
@feb Hi there! Something admin related: do you know if is there any administration API endpoints? I only find for own account managing, but not for adding/managing users as an admin. Does something like this exists? (I'm want to programatically manage users from an organization)
-
@feb Hi there! Something admin related: do you know if is there any administration API endpoints? I only find for own account managing, but not for adding/managing users as an admin. Does something like this exists? (I'm want to programatically manage users from an organization)
@straussbelial
I don't know which Friendica server you're on. Only your Mastodon account is displayed here. If you're running your own server, I recommend updating to release 2026.08-rc.
There you can supervise selected users with moderation tasks. -
@straussbelial
I don't know which Friendica server you're on. Only your Mastodon account is displayed here. If you're running your own server, I recommend updating to release 2026.08-rc.
There you can supervise selected users with moderation tasks.@feb Right now we're using 2026.05 (it's for a production instance, so we opted for the last stable one)
Can those moderation tasks be managed via API? We have our own database backend for our members so I was thinking about creating Friendica users automatically with a custom service (some server side custom script/app) as soon as a new member is created in our database

-
@feb Right now we're using 2026.05 (it's for a production instance, so we opted for the last stable one)
Can those moderation tasks be managed via API? We have our own database backend for our members so I was thinking about creating Friendica users automatically with a custom service (some server side custom script/app) as soon as a new member is created in our database

@straussbelial
Personally, I don't know of any API in Friendica that allows this. -
@feb Right now we're using 2026.05 (it's for a production instance, so we opted for the last stable one)
Can those moderation tasks be managed via API? We have our own database backend for our members so I was thinking about creating Friendica users automatically with a custom service (some server side custom script/app) as soon as a new member is created in our database
@feb @straussbelial When you know of any Mastodon API calls that does something like that, please tell. I'm always keen of achieving parity between Friendica and Mastodon concerning the API. -
@feb @straussbelial When you know of any Mastodon API calls that does something like that, please tell. I'm always keen of achieving parity between Friendica and Mastodon concerning the API.
@straussbelial
Are these the APIs you're referring to? docs.joinmastodon.org/methods/… -
@straussbelial
Are these the APIs you're referring to? docs.joinmastodon.org/methods/…@feb @straussbelial It's on my list to support these endpoints as well, but there's a ton of changes in my pipeline.
Ciao! Sembra che tu sia interessato a questa conversazione, ma non hai ancora un account.
Stanco di dover scorrere gli stessi post a ogni visita? Quando registri un account, tornerai sempre esattamente dove eri rimasto e potrai scegliere di essere avvisato delle nuove risposte (tramite email o notifica push). Potrai anche salvare segnalibri e votare i post per mostrare il tuo apprezzamento agli altri membri della comunità.
Con il tuo contributo, questo post potrebbe essere ancora migliore 💗
Registrati Accedi
Citiverse è un progetto che si basa su NodeBB ed è federato! | Categorie federate | Chat | 📱 Installa web app o APK | 🧡 Donazioni | Privacy Policy