Salta al contenuto
Citiverse è uno spazio aperto a tutte le comunità. Se vuoi aprire un gruppo locale o una sezione per la tua organizzazione, puoi contattare gli amministratori: pagina dei contatti.

What PieFed's "social credit system" actually does

Fediverse
37 17 21
  • Yeah if someone can't tell the difference it's probably better if they don't vote?

    They can tell the difference. What they're saying is, good posts don't elicit a strong enough emotional reaction to get them to upvote. It's not part of their workflow.

  • On the flip side, the fediverse tends to have a pretty strong monoculture. You can collect down votes just by disagreeing with someone respectfully or stating your view point here.

    Maybe it it's numbers grow, it will become a bit less of an echo chamber.

    I found that out the fun way by having the unpopular opinion of "we shouldn't encourage 4chan-style doxxing threats over server drama". The admin of lemmy.zip banned me from the server, presumably because it was somebody from that server pushing for that behavior.

  • They mean the fact there's two instead of one

    Questo post è eliminato!
  • If you move you mouse over, or finger, you can obtain the reason 🙂

    I think I get Grail's point. One red warning makes sense, but most of the time I see one, there will be a second with a nearly identical description.

  • They can tell the difference. What they're saying is, good posts don't elicit a strong enough emotional reaction to get them to upvote. It's not part of their workflow.

    Reading insightful conversations and giving them a little ⬆️ gives me a positive dopamine rush.

  • Not naming any names coughfrongtcough

    FWIW I looked at your Attitude rating and can say that unless you were trying to juice the numbers somehow, you fall well within what I'd consider normal patterns of upvote/downvote. The algorithm considers you to be far less negative than you may think you are.

  • Just like Reddit, PieFed keeps track of how many upvotes and downvotes your posts receive and the net value of all the votes received is called your “reputation” (Reddit calls it “karma”). This is not shown in the UI anywhere (except to administrators), to dissuade the karma-farming behavior common on Reddit. Reputation is not a game or status symbol, it is a mechanic for enhancing trust and safety on PieFed.

    Some people have criticized PieFed for this, calling it a “social credit system” similar to the one in China so I thought it’d be good to explain exactly what it does so people don’t need to guess or rely on hearsay.

    Yeah I saw people freaking out over it like it was the end of the world, or even a bad thing really. Thanks for the clear explanation.

    That said, I wish I could at least see my own, of nobody else's.

  • They mean the fact there's two instead of one

    Oh i get it, thank 🙂

  • I think the attitude system is insane when the fediverse is filled with so many people who deserve every downvote they get.

    Attitude system?

  • Just like Reddit, PieFed keeps track of how many upvotes and downvotes your posts receive and the net value of all the votes received is called your “reputation” (Reddit calls it “karma”). This is not shown in the UI anywhere (except to administrators), to dissuade the karma-farming behavior common on Reddit. Reputation is not a game or status symbol, it is a mechanic for enhancing trust and safety on PieFed.

    Some people have criticized PieFed for this, calling it a “social credit system” similar to the one in China so I thought it’d be good to explain exactly what it does so people don’t need to guess or rely on hearsay.

    I wish "votes" were multi-dimensional. "Yes/No", "Good/Bad", etc. is just too simple for the amount of nuance that exists. For example I could agree with somebody's statement, but disagree with their tone.


Citiverse è un progetto che si basa su NodeBB ed è federato! | Categorie federate | Chat | 📱 Installa web app o APK | 🧡 Donazioni | Privacy Policy

Il server utilizzato è quello di Webdock, in Danimarca. Se volete provarlo potete ottenere il 20% di sconto con questo link e noi riceveremo un aiuto sotto forma di credito da usare proprio per mantenere Citiverse.