The best explanation I've found about the state of AI hype and hysteria
-
This post did not contain any content.
Like Sabine Hossenfelder, I Was Offered Money to Tell You AI Will Kill Us
Can AI really improve itself recursively until it becomes powerful enough to cause human extinction? Nobody sponsored this video, I turned down funding speci...
YouTube (www.youtube.com)
-
This post did not contain any content.
Like Sabine Hossenfelder, I Was Offered Money to Tell You AI Will Kill Us
Can AI really improve itself recursively until it becomes powerful enough to cause human extinction? Nobody sponsored this video, I turned down funding speci...
YouTube (www.youtube.com)
Thank you for the cute polar bear achievement badge, attractive computer science video essayist.
There may be diminishing returns to additional intelligence.
Exactly. We currently have no reason to assume that the RSI graph is exponential rather than logarithmic, and if I were forced to place a bet today, I’d go with the later.
-
Thank you for the cute polar bear achievement badge, attractive computer science video essayist.
There may be diminishing returns to additional intelligence.
Exactly. We currently have no reason to assume that the RSI graph is exponential rather than logarithmic, and if I were forced to place a bet today, I’d go with the later.
Right, there's this assumption that LLM improvements will just keep scaling indefinitely. It's far more likely that that the architecture has limits which we seem to be approaching, and then you just get diminishing returns, so the graph looks more like a sigmoid where we saw a ton of rapid progress, and it starting to flatten out as the easy gains get plucked.
Ciao! Sembra che tu sia interessato a questa conversazione, ma non hai ancora un account.
Stanco di dover scorrere gli stessi post a ogni visita? Quando registri un account, tornerai sempre esattamente dove eri rimasto e potrai scegliere di essere avvisato delle nuove risposte (tramite email o notifica push). Potrai anche salvare segnalibri e votare i post per mostrare il tuo apprezzamento agli altri membri della comunità.
Con il tuo contributo, questo post potrebbe essere ancora migliore 💗
Registrati Accedi
Citiverse è un progetto che si basa su NodeBB ed è federato! | Categorie federate | Chat | 📱 Installa web app o APK | 🧡 Donazioni | Privacy Policy